Are you or a loved one having difficulty with everyday activities like getting the mail, running errands, getting around the house, or even showering? An assisted living community near Winston Salem can offer daily support while allowing you to remain independent.
Assisted Living Communities Offer:
- Three meals a day served in a common dining area
- Assistance with everyday activities should you need them
- Housekeeping services
- Emergency call systems
- Laundry Services
- Social and Recreational Activities
- 24 Hour Security
Making the move to an assisted living community near Winston Salem is definitely an adjustment. With a new environment comes meeting new people like other residents and staff. It can be stressful; here are some things to make the transition an easier one.
- Pack in advance. Again moving is stressful so allow yourself plenty of time to pack so you don’t make hasty decisions. This will help to alleviate stress.
- Take it easy on yourself. “Change”, even when it is a good change still takes time to adjust so allow yourself that time. Talk to friends and family members.
- Know What To Expect. Research the facility/community. The more you know the more comfortable you will feel.
- Get Social. You may be tempted to stay inside your apartment but resist that urge, you will be happy that you did.
Leaving your home is not an easy decision to make, but if you to take the time to research your options you can find the right fit for you.